MOi + ME have created a range of premium pure CBD products with the purpose of supporting womens health conditions especially endometriosis.
Our Co-founder Laura explains "No women should ever suffer alone and should have access to natural supportive products." Laura, who was diagnosed with Endometriosis at 18 knows how hard it can be to live with a debilitating female health problem. She found the power of CBD in her 30's and knew she had to share its benefits with the rest of the world.
The health of women differs from that of men in many unique ways and is referred to as female health. At each stage of a woman’s life, there are important preventative health care steps to follow. Many women may neglect health care for a number of reasons, however, in the end, it comes down to whether or not you wish to make yourself a priority. After putting so much energy into caring for others, it is time we women deserve the level of care back towards ourselves, with some of the benefits CBD can offer women's health, it should be added to your self-care routine.
CBD in recent years has become widely available and people are turning to this natural product more and more as they start to understand how beneficial it can be in supporting your health daily. Studies are now suggesting that CBD may benefit female health and improve the overall quality of life for lots of reasons. Here we explain why -
What is CBD
CBD, short for cannabidiol, is an active compound found in the cannabis sativa plant. It's a naturally occurring substance and can impart a feeling of relaxation and calm.
Benefits of CBD for Women's Health
Research has shown that the benefits of CBD can include easing the symptoms of some of these problems that females face:
- Periods + Hormone Balance
- Perimenopause + menopause
- Anxiety + depression
- Sleep + sex
- Chronic pain
- Gut Health
- Skin Problems
Although currently the research into CBD for this area is in its early days, there are promising reports that women are finding benefit for symptoms including stress, anxiety, and insomnia. It has also been found to have different therapeutic properties, including as an anti-inflammatory and pain reduction.
A Doctor has also said that “We have cannabinoid receptors in our uterus and throughout the female reproductive tract, and we also have them in the brain area that deals with the stress response and hormone control—the hypothalamus. This part of the brain talks to our adrenal glands, thyroid, and ovaries to help regulate hormone balance, which directly affects our symptoms. As such, CBD can help modulate the stress response via this system and is also an anti-inflammatory.”
When to take CBD and how to take CBD
Understanding some of the benefits is key to understanding ways to take CBD. How the body absorbs CBD will vary depending on the product you take. Using CBD oil either with a tincture or mist sprays directly under the tongue means that the CBD will be absorbed directly into the bloodstream. Capsules and gummies mean that CBD is absorbed through the stomach, and topical creams and lotions are absorbed through the skin directly where they have been applied.
CBD can be used at time of the day, choosing the time you use CBD will depend on what you are using it for. Mornings may help you balance for the day ahead, during the day may help relieve stress building it up and using it in the evening may help relaxation and sleep. For support with pain and anxiety, maintaining a daily routine with CBD is very important.
Matching MOi + ME products to symptoms
- Moment Mist - Peppermint 500mg CBD Oil - Using a CBD oil may help relieve pain, calm mood changes, support anxiety, aid digestion and balance hormones. Our oil is an easy to use spray, giving you a measured dose directly under the tongue. Its packaging is discreet allowing this to be used anytime in any place.
- Moment Balm - 300mg CBD Balm - Using a CBD topical balm can help with areas of tension, aches + pain, joint problems and skin irritation. Its self-heating property feels gentle but soothing on the area applied and its other beneficial ingredients have been blended to support further. It's a simple twist tube, easy to apply and can be used at anytime
- Temple Moment - 500mg CBD Oil Head Roller - This CBD oil roller is infused with evening primrose oil, lavender and turmeric. It is perfect to help balance hormones and promote relaxation & calm for sleep. Its cooling rollerball application is easy to use on the temples and it can be used on any areas of the skin to help with dryness or sore skin.
- Cleanse Soaps - 100mg CBD Soaps - We have 2 soaps in our range, sweet orange set around a loofah + carrot, cucumber, aloe with lavender buds. Both help to support the skin to cleanse, moisturise, exfoliate and nourish. The anti-bacterial properties from the CBD and ingredients can really help support dry and irritated skin that needs some TLC
- Bath Melt - 100mg CBD Lavender Melt - A relaxing bath time treat to soothe mind, body and soul. Using CBD in hot water whilst the pores are open means you are getting the maximum effects of the anti-inflammatory & bacterial properties found in CBD. It will nourish the skin and give you an all important 'ME' moment.
- Lip Balm - 50mg CBD Lip Rescue - Naturally flavoured and scented this is blended with CBD, Shea butter & cocoa butter giving you a balm that is kind to sensitive lips.
- Massage Candle - 200mg CBD Oil Candle - Our candle is the most amazing product in our range, it can be used as a normal candle to give the aroma of Jasmine & sandalwood. Once the oil is melted inside the candle this can be used directly on the skin to heat and nourish the skin. Use it on joint pain, period pain, back ache or dry skin to relieve symptoms.
You also need to remember that CBD affects individuals differently depending on several factors including body mass, internal chemistry and existing health conditions. The best way to start using CBD is by taking small amounts and building up to a recommended daily dosage, if required. To find out more about CBD click here. Our discovering CBD pages answers so many questions.
On a final note, with our name inspired by busy modern lifestyles, The "MOi" side is thriving externally while the "ME" side feels tired and worn out internally. Each of our products are designed to reunite the often-conflicting MOi + ME sides, encouraging them to be compassionate to one another and all are infused with powerful beneficial ingredients known for their health benefits to relieve symptoms that some women experience every day.
Our range of 'moments' give you that all important 'ME' time that is so easily forgotten in our busy modern life.